Click on Mercantile tab for more!
Cowan’s Restaurant History
In this historic building, Henry J. Dickbrader operated a hardware store from 1890 to 1905. He was also the Mayor of Washington from 1893 to 1898. In the late 1920′s it became home to Mealler’s Restaurant for several years, then Elm Street Cafe and eventually Cowan’s Cafe, in 1973, owned by John Cowan.